Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
This is the easiest — and most delicious — recipe! If you want to know how to make no-knead bread, you’re in the right place.
WHat you need to make no-knead bread
- all-purpose flour
Here’s how to make it. recipe:
How to make no-knead bread
This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm water (bath temperature)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir with a whisk.
- Add water and stir. The mixture will be VERY sticky.
- Transfer to a buttered bowl and top with a lid, foil or thick kitchen towel.
- Place in a warm space to let your dough rise until doubled, 1-2 hours.
- Transfer dough to 2 buttered pans (round cake pans work nicely).
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 35 minutes.
This bread is so good with added ingredients too! I’ve added all of the following with delicious results:
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (dried herbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
Another delicious way to add flavor is by serving with herbed olive oil. It’s easy to infuse olive oil with fresh rosemary ahead of time with our super simple recipe.
Or whip up flavored oil on the fly: Just combine 1/2 cup olive oil with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (oregano, basil and rosemary) plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of fresh pepper and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional).
For plain loaves especially, I like to whip butter with jam. Raspberry is particularly good but strawberry, blueberry and even orange marmalade is wonderful. Use 1 stick of room temperature salted butter and about 2 tablespoons of jam. My little pull string-powered food processor is perfect for blending. I serve sliced bread on a big wooden cutting board with plain butter in one ramekin and the fruity version in another.
My family loves this no-knead bread recipe so much, and I hope yourse does too!
What to serve with no-knead bread
- Creamy Tomato Soup with White Beans
- Rainbow Corn Chowder
- Quick & Easy Broccoli Soup