Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
This easy green bean recipe has earned a place in my heart…because my kids will eat it!
Use fresh or frozen green beans but don’t skimp on the garlic. That’s the secret ingredient that makes these green beans sing. Just ask the kids.
How to Make this Easy Green Bean Recipe Kids Will Eat
Easy Green Bean Recipe: The One Kids Will Eat!
Use fresh or frozen beans but be careful not to overcook either one. Fresh will always be crispier and maintain more of a crunch but frozen are available year-round and often at a big discount. Plus, they’re also pre-washed, pre-cut and totally delicious!
- 2 pounds green beans, with ends trimmed off, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one fresh lemon, optional
- Use a large saute pan to warm the olive oil over medium heat. Carefully add the garlic and stir to coat.
- Add beans, using tongs to stir them around enough so the garlicky oil covers each bean.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. When the edges start to be soft, the beans are ready.
- Garnish with fresh lemon or give each child a lemon wedge to squeeze on his or her own portion.
What Goes with this Easy Green Bean Recipe?
My kids’ favorite dishes would all be perfect with these green beans:
Bacon Wrapped Pork with Mustard
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken
One-Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce in the Instant Pot